Monday, June 25, 2007

Having way too much fun

I forgot say how much fun I was having exploring the various places I suggested to my students! I set up a Facebook page and even got some friends. I'm not sure why that surprised me so much, but it did. I asked my daughter to join and, at first, she said no. Having your mother on a friends list wasn't cool. But, in the end, she did and it made me feel great. Folks who complain that we are losing value in interaction and social relations with all this technology "stuff" must not be spending too much time in cyberspace. Seems like the more time I spend, the more connected I feel to the people in my life and to people in general. Sure feels good whatever it is.

I started using Google docs and can't believe how well it works. Nancy, Kevin, and I were sitting together writing on the same document and watching the changes pop us as we sat there. It was way too fun. Since Google docs isn't supported by Safari I started using Firefox and like it much better. I even figured out how to embed hyperlinks in the blog on this browser and I couldn't get it done on Safari.

Gotta love this Web 2 stuff!

1 comment:

glojo said...

You gotta try Google Notebook as a way to collect text as you surf.